Scitech is looking for enthusiastic casual science communicators to join our team. You must be a confident public speaker, be eager to engage visitors and people of all ages and be passionate about science, technology, engineering and maths!
There are currently positions in two areas: the Science Centre and Statewide.
Successful applicants will have the following experience and attributes:
• Secondary Education (Year 12 completed)
• Experience and confidence working with children
• Degree or studying towards a degree in science or education is preferred
• Public presentation experience
• Passion, interest and background in science
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to modify to suit audience
• Customer service experience
• A Working With Children Check (or the ability to obtain one)
• Ability to carry out manual tasks which may include exhibit moving, event setting up and general cleaning
Specific requirements for the Science Centre include:
• You must have flexible availability and be available to work weekends, evenings and public holidays. You will know your roster in advance.
• The potential to diversify into presenting in one of our theatres, such as the Planetarium or Puppet Theatre
Specific requirements for the Statewide team include:
• Class C Manual drivers license
• Ability to travel regionally across WA for up to three weeks at a time
• Full time availability, with the ability to work some weekends, evenings and public holidays.
Applications must comprise a cover letter and an up-to-date CV that outlines your suitability for this position and should be addressed to:
Science Squad Coordinator
Applications close Wednesday 5pm January 25, 2017