This is a full-time position, working and presenting in schools, at Scitech and at educational conferences. You will be required to deliver a range of programs to teachers across Western Australia.
The focus of the Professional Learning (PL) team of 7, is to improve the confidence and efficacy of teachers, leading to improved outcomes for their students in science, technology and mathematics.
PL forms part of the larger Science Programs team that delivers a wide range of activities and resources that contribute to the social and economic future of WA by improving STEM literacy outcomes for participants.
In summary, this focus of this role is to organise and deliver high quality learning experiences to Western Australian teachers, with the goal of improving their the teaching of science, technology and maths in schools.
Role responsibilities include:
PL Program Delivery
• Deliver a range of PL activities to primary and secondary teachers in WA including conducting classroom modelling of strategies for teaching science and maths.
• Coordinate the planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting of PL programs for selected school communities.
• Oversee and monitor budget lines, timelines, key milestones and reporting for these programs.
• Organise staffing, travel arrangements, timetables and school liaison for program delivery.
• Contribute to verbal and written activities including case studies, research and evaluation of data and program reports.
• Research and analyse learning programs considering trends and education practices, or developing new programs.
• Continually review workshop product range for development, change, and modification.
• Identify and grow audience base, and contribute to PL marketing plan.
We are seeking someone with Tertiary qualifications ideally in a science, maths or technology discipline, with a min of 3 years in a school environment. Teaching experience an advantage as will be knowledge of the WA Education system and curriculum.
You will have passion, interest and background in science with a sound knowledge of basic science principles and/or mathematics background and experience with:
• Having led, designed and/or delivered professional learning for teachers.
• Written or developed professional learning workshops, resources and/or teaching programs.
• Project management of education programs.
• Working with budgets including budget tracking, reporting on targets.
• Preparing professional written communication and reports including statistics, data, case studies and relevant analysis.
• Co-ordination of people and information towards common goals using organisational, personal and negotiation skills.
Please submit your resume with a brief cover letter communicating your suitability to this position via Seek by Friday 28 April 2017.