Innovation Festival is a three-day event that highlights achievement and leadership in innovation. It will also connect secondary school students and teachers with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths) career pathways, with a particular focus on augmented and virtual reality.
Students will be able to:
• Engage with WA innovators, producers and coders who work with virtual and augmented reality software
• Try out various virtual reality headsets including Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear, Occulus Rift and HTC Vive
• Experience a virtual universe in the Planetarium
• Hear about the various formal and non-formal career pathways into augmented and virtual reality in WA
• Explore the technology that has helped humans change how we experience the world in Bionic Me.
Explore the new wave of innovation and motivate your students to make a difference through a career in STEAM!